I mean, how many other people could have the name Tim Bonner (or even Timothy Bonner if you really have to!)?
It turns out I’m not alone after all. I googled myself and what did I find?
Well, there’s many more of us than I first thought. In fact, there’s an absolute tonne of us!
Here’s how I rank on Google for various sites and profiles.
- LinkedIn Profile – Page 1
- Tim Bonner Blog – Page 2
- Google+ Profile – Page 4
- Pinterest Profile – Page 5
- Twitter Profile – Page 5
- Facebook Profile – Page 7
- Facebook Page – Gave up looking!
There’s a few things I can see from this.
- LinkedIn could be a much more valuable asset than I had first thought. I barely use LinkedIn and here I am on page 1.
- My Facebook Page needs some love and attention. It’s my least favourite of the social media sites for promoting my blog.
- I need to get my blog on the first page. It’s languishing at the top of the second page. How difficult can it be to get tim-bonner.com even just one place higher and on that elusive first page?
- There’s a faceless Google+ profile higher than mine in the rankings. That’s a little embarrassing! I need to try to do something about that.
So, now I need an action plan. Here we go…
Tim Bonner Domain name
I really wanted to buy my domain name without the hyphen. It looks more aesthetically pleasing to me and I just like it more.
Unfortunately it’s not available. Currently that domain redirects to a totally unrelated domain name. What a waste!
It doesn’t expire until March 2015 so I’ll have to hope it becomes available then.
About Page And Bio
My about page needs an overhaul and I need to set up a bio as at the moment its sadly lacking.
If you can’t mention yourself on your own blog then where can you? It’s the perfect means to openly talk about Tim Bonner! I’ve started now…
Social Media sites
LinkedIn really needs to be more of a priority because I’m on the first page. Equally though, I need to revamp my Facebook Page and get more involved with Google+ and Twitter.
I need to be persistent with blog commenting and continue to do this on a daily basis, particularly on do follow blogs in my niche.
I’ve stalled on doing videos for my blog for a while now but I’m aware that it’s a really great way to increase exposure for my name and hopefully search engine ranking. The aim is to get the first video on my blog by the end of February.
Become An Author
An eBook has always been my long-term goal. I’ve recently removed my free enticement to sign up to my newsletter; the aim being to start by writing something as a giveaway. I’m aiming to do this by the summer.
So that’s my action plan to improve search results for my name, Tim Bonner, and to build on my personal brand.
Are there any other methods you’ve used successfully to do this? Are you unique or are there lots of you too? What about your ranking?
As always, I look forward to receiving your thoughts and comments.
Latest posts by Tim Bonner (see all)
- Are Content Upgrades The Future Of Email Sign Ups? - April 1, 2015
- Is It Wrong To Want More? - March 27, 2015
- Are You Tempted To Be A Blogging Used Car Salesman? - March 23, 2015